NORCAT's Elevated Work Platforms training program is designed to promote the safe use, inspection, operation and an understanding of hazards associated with Elevating Work Platforms or Aerial Platforms. This program covers a variety of equipment including Scissor Lifts (SkyJack, Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), Aerial Lifts (Genie Booms, Telescopic Booms).
This comprehensive program is delivered in two parts to provide the necessary theoretical understanding and practical training to facilitate compliance for workers using aerial lift equipment. Includes assessment of both theoretical knowledge and demonstration of practical skill.
Valid Working at Heights Certificate, or Fall-Arrest Certificate depending on field/job requirements
- Legislation and regulations
- Responsibilities (employer/supervisor/operator)
- Operator's manual and familiarization with your EWP (types and uses)
- Pre-operational checks, testing controls
- Workplace inspection, and hazards associated with use
- Fall protection requirements
- Rescue plan
NORCAT Offices: Safety Footwear, Hard Hat.
On-Site: PPE Per Clients H&S Policies, and EWP to be Certified on.
Certification will reflect piece of equipment provided for the training. It's the Employer's responsibility to provide additional training for any new piece of equipment the employee is expected to operate.